EtG / EtS Urine Alcohol Testing
ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North offers urinalysis testing for alcohol EtS (Ethyl Sulphate) and EtG (Ethyl Glucuronide) to judicial systems, attorneys and businesses. EtS and EtG urine tests are able to indicate alcohol usage up to 80 hours following consumption. This gives you an advantage over traditional alcohol screening tests.
Methods of Alcohol Testing
There are two common methods commonly used for alcohol testing – simple urine tests and breathalyzers. While basic urine tests and breathalyzers are the most commonly used forms of testing, these methods are only used in order to detect the recent consumption of alcohol.. This is due to how quickly the body usually processes alcohol, usually at a rate of one drink per hour.
ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North is able to apply the EtG (Ethyl Glucuronide) and the EtS (Ethyl Sulphate) tests in order to outline the entire alcohol consumption history of the past 80 hours. This becomes a very advantageous testing method for zero-tolerance policies involving extreme matters of safety-sensitive situations, issues dealing with workplace consumption and family court cases.
How Does an EtG/EtS Urine Alcohol Test Work?
A metabolite known as Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) is only produced as a result of alcohol in the bloodstream. Forensic evidence of Ethyl Glucuronide is the identifying marker for whether a subject is abusing alcohol or not.
The amount of EtG markers found present in the bloodstream signifies how much alcohol a person consumed. Even after the ethanol alcohol is no longer measurable by more common methods, EtG testing can be used to detect alcohol consumption within 80 hours. As compared to simply measuring the existence of ethanol alcohol, it can be understood that EtG testing is more precise method of indicating recent consumption.
Ethyl Sulphate is yet another alcohol metabolite a laboratory will test for if it detects the presence of EtG. The application of both methods drastically improves the reliability and accuracy of the test.
Legal Uses of EtG/EtS Urine Testing
ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North uses EtG/EtS Urine Testing for abstinence and zero-tolerance tolerance programs such as family law, school systems, treatment facilities, and drug courts.
Features and Benefits of EtG/EtS Testing:
- Tests performed by LC/MS/MS with state-of-the-art equipment
- Testing can be applied as an early warning system to detect trends toward relapse
- Strong indication of ethanol ingestion within 3 – 4 days of consumption
- Perfect for zero-tolerance and abstinence programs
- Provides more accuracy by combining EtG and EtS testing
- EtG/EtS tests may be run on urine specimens in conjunction with other ARCpoint Labs of [location] drug testing panels
- Fast turn-around time from receipt of specimen (typically 48 hours for a negative result, 72 hours for a positive result)
- Results available via Internet, fax and/or U.S. Mail
- A Medical Review Officer (MRO) service is available upon request to help identify “incidental exposure” to products or medications that might produce EtG/EtS positive test results
Learn More About Our Testing Services
To learn more about EtG/EtS alcohol testing at ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North, contact us today!