Basics of Immigration DNA
Beginning the process of immigration for yourself or a family member can be an exciting time, but you have to make sure you meet all requirements throughout the process. DNA testing is an important consideration because you may be required to undergo a DNA test to prove a relationship between petitioner and beneficiary if the U.S. Embassy or United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) deems evidence (like a birth certificate) insufficient or inconclusive.
ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North can help you meet this critical requirement. We send all collections to an AABB accredited laboratory for analysis and results, which is mandated by the United States government and is required for all immigration testing.
Situations that may require DNA testing:
You may also be required to submit to DNA testing if you are a visa applicant and Consular Officer suggests it or is you need to prove paternity, maternity, grandparentage or siblingship.
You are responsible for paying all testing expenses before the process begins. Also, please note that ARCpoint is not responsible for guaranteeing your visa issuance upon official receipt of test results.
Typical Immigration tests:
- Maternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate mother/child relationships.
- Paternity DNA – This test verifies DNA matches in legitimate father/ child relationships.
- Kinship DNA – A kinship test identifies legitimate relationship between two or more individuals who claim to be a biological relationship, e.g. niece or nephew/ aunt or uncle, child/ grandparent.
To make sure you are being test for the right type of DNA relationship, we recommend consulting with a State Department or embassy representative to verify which relationships meet the immigration criteria for your situation.
When you come to ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North, we will follow all the regulated steps to ensure your DNA test will be approved by and accepted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
To help us get you the results you need, be ready to provide the following before testing can be scheduled and processed:
- A valid payment method
- Current contact information for all individuals involved
- A postal address or email address where results can be sent
- All required government paperwork and documents
- Names of all individuals involved in the test
Regardless of where your relatives live, we oversee and coordinate every step of the process to resolve the immigration testing portion of your journey.
Learn More About Our Testing Services
For comprehensive & court-admissible DNA testing services, call ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North today.