A Dangerous Conundrum
Did you know?
- Because synthetic, also known as club or designer drugs, are created in illegal labs, it’s impossible to know their ingredients or strength.
- Anxiety, seizures, loss of consciousness and death are possible results of the mystery ingredients of designer drugs.
- Although some date rape drugs are synthetic, they are not the same as club drugs.
- Synthetic drugs are often combined with other drugs and alcohol, creating a greater risk for overdose.
The Growth of Synthetic Drugs
Despite the fact that the DEA began outlawing synthetic drugs and their compounds almost as soon as synthetic drugs hit the shelf, some forms are still easily obtained if a person has an under-the-table connection. In addition, minor formula changes allow other synthetic drugs to slip by the DEA. Along with traditional street drugs and prescription drugs, they are a growing and deadly problem in today’s drug culture.
What defines a synthetic drug?
Unlike traditional marijuana, which grows in the ground, synthetic drugs are created through combining various chemical compounds. Sellers may claim these synthetic drugs provide experiences that are similar to the organic version, but synthetic drugs can actually have more intense, dangerous effects that lead to ER visits, comas and fatalities.
Common Synthetic Drug Street Names
- K2 (synthetic marijuana)
- Bombay Blue
- Black Mamba
- Molly (MDMA or ecstasy)
- Bath Salts (also marketed as plant feeder, insect repellent and stain remover)
As with all ARCpoint services, our goal in synthetic drug testing is to conduct professional testing that produces accurate results.
When you contact ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North, we will discuss your testing options and help you determine if testing for synthetic drugs alone or in conjunction with traditional testing makes sense. This discussion is necessary because synthetic drugs are unregulated and their ingredients are often unknown, separate tests are required to identify them.
For more information on synthetic drugs, visit The Partnership for Drug Free America website.
Synthetic drug testing is available at ARCpoint Labs of Austin, TX North.
Accurate. Reliable. Confidential Testing.